- raspberrypi3-64 (64 bit kernel & userspace)
- raspberrypi-cm (dummy alias for raspberrypi)
- raspberrypi-cm3 (dummy alias for raspberrypi2)
Note: The raspberrypi3 machines include support for Raspberry Pi 3B+.
- Hardware up image
- Based on rpi-hwup-image with some added features (ex: splash)
- Image based on rpi-basic-image which includes most of the packages in this layer and some media samples.
For other uses it’s recommended to base images on
core-image-base as appropriate. The old image names (
rpi-basic-image) are deprecated.
WiFi firmware blobs¶
Be aware that the WiFi firmwares for the supported boards are not provided by
linux-firmware but by a custom recipe which only packages the needed blobs
for these boards. This is because the upstream
linux-firmware doesn’t support
or has outdated files for the blobs we need. The recipe
linux-firmware-raspbian is based on a fork of
includes everything we need in order to fully support the WiFi hardware. All